Dracul

From Encyclopedia Westarctica
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Commonwealth of Dracul
Dracul flag.jpg

Motto
Deo Vindice
Anthem
Dracul, Our Fatherland
South Houston, Texas
Capital city Bran District
Official language(s) English
Short name Dracul
Demonym Draculian
Government National presidential constitutional republic
- President Dmitri Howie
- Vice President Stephen Luke
Legislature Draculian Parliament
Established 25 September 2017
Area claimed 0.451062617 km2 (0.174156250 sq mi)
Population 87 as of 2021
Time zone Dracul Mark (ψ) (CDM)
Patron saint Tsar Nicholas II

[www.draculgov.com Official Site]

Dracul, officially the Commonwealth of Dracul, is a North American micronation located within and surrounded by Houston Texas. A democratic state in function, Dracul has grown to become a reasonably well-known member of the micronational community, holding relations with several prominent micronations, including Westarctica.

Dracul has referred to itself as a "sovereign republic" since its start in 2017 and has held itself in that regard, engaging in actions such as; establishing a currency and printing novelty banknotes, creating its own community and governmental traditions, holding elections and ceremonies, and engaging in public awareness initiatives; such as its popular 2019 suicide prevention campaign.

History

The country, founded on 25 September, 2017, encompasses a large public park and another (much smaller) park. Dracul was originally founded by Stephen Luke, Dmitri Howie, and Mark Millner, originally as a side hobby for the three.

In 2019, Whisper Williams and Kassie Bushong were made co-founders, due to their dedication towards progress. Since its founding, Dracul has risen to encompass more than 80 members from over 20 different nations throughout the globe and has gained treaties of recognition with more than 40 micronations.

The Commonwealth of Dracul takes its name from the Prince of Wallachia, which is attributed as to why Vlad III is a national hero of Dracul. Dracul was established on September 25, 2017 in Houston, Texas by Dmitri Howie, Stephen Luke, Kassie Bushong, and Mark Millner.

The exact reasons why Vlad III was chosen are still unclear; however, it is known that Stephen Luke was born in Romania, while Dmitri Howie claimed bloodline to Vlad III. It was this very fact that led many to believe why the two primary founders chose Vlad III and Romanian heritage as their micronation's basis.

Government

Vice President Stephen Luke of Dracul

Dracul is a national republic of 2 states, a federal district, one concession, and no uninhabited island possessions. It is a national republic and a representative democracy, "in which majority rule is tempered by minority rights protected by law."

In the Draculian federalist system, citizens are usually subject to three levels of government: federal, state, and local. The local government's duties are commonly split between county and municipal governments. In almost all cases, executive and legislative officials are elected by a plurality vote of citizens by district. The government is regulated by a system of checks and balances defined by the Draculian Constitution, which serves as the country's supreme legal document. The original text of the Constitution establishes the structure and responsibilities of the national government and its relationship with the individual states.

Economy

The Draculian Economy is based off the Draculian Mark. Currently, the Draculian Mark is valued at the amount of Gold purchased by the Draculian Government, marked at a USD price. Dracul currently uses its online gift shop to sell goods and services, such as novelty banknotes, citizenship certificates, shirt buttons, and flags. The gift shop makes up 98% of Dracul's income, with the other 2% made by penalties and internet services sold to Draculian Officials.

External links