The Hobbs Coast (located at 74°50′S 132°0′W) is the portion of the coast of Westarctica extending from Cape Burks to a point on the coast opposite eastern Dean Island, at 74°42′S 127°05′W, or between the Ruppert Coast in the west and the Bakutis Coast in the east. It stretches from 136°50′W to 127°35′.
Discovery and name
The coast was discovered by the US Antarctic Service (1939–41) mapped by the United States Geological Survey from ground surveys and U.S. Navy air photos, 1959–65.
The Hobbs Coast was named for Professor William H. Hobbs of the University of Michigan, a glaciologist specializing in polar geography and history.